Wednesday 19 May 2021

In Which I Write A New Blog Post, or Reanimation

 zzzzzzZZZZZzzzzZZzzzzzzZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzZZzzZzzzzzzZZZZZzzzzzZZZzZZZzzZZZzzzz...

Wh-...

Oh.

Will someone please tell me?

My, it has been some time. How quickly things change from posting session updates to creative malaise, then being stuck indoors for a year and completely losing the ability to gauge time passing...

I think everyone has looked back at the last year and a half and been shocked at how much time has passed. I still feel like Christmas was a couple of weeks ago, and having just started a new job before the pandemic I spent a grand total of 3 weeks in a new office before taking up residence in my bedroom as a workspace. Something about the continual lockdowns has slowed my brain down to the point where just finishing the day-to-day has been about as much as I've been able to handle.

Add in the repeated postponement of nuptials; the death of beloved pets; the acquisition and settlement of new beloved pets; my ever increasing recognition of my own alienation in the classical Marxist sense; the continuing forensic shitfest that nominally represents left-wing politics on TERF island; the existence of the term TERF island; and the proliferation of my hymenopteran wards and their increasing demands on my time and attention (though rewarded with sugary and waxen treasure), and I've just not been able to do anything RPG related for what feels like forever.

However, that changed recently.

Recently, I had an idea...

That idea took on the form of a Stars Without Number campaign run with some friends over Roll20, which has been greatly enjoyed by everyone so far.

Then I had another idea. And another.

Me, yesterday

I quite like having ideas again. And with a reduction to a 4-day week having been negotiated with my manager I thought to myself, "I should probably write some of these down." There is of course no guarantee that these ideas are good or unique (please see the blog tagline), but fuck it.

So far the SWN campaign has pretty much used rules-as-written, though I've expanded on cyberware options and few extra weapons. I probably won't discuss this much outside of the general style of game and musings on that.

My main well of ideas has been an Elizabethan-era Lamentations of the Flame Princess campaign, featuring conspiracy, occultism, devilry, fae beings, millenarianism, and maybe a whole bunch of reasons that James VI and I got really into witch-burning. Expect a bunch of this.

Oh and probably some stuff about trees, bees, fruit and vegetables as well.

Bees - they're good, folks.
You have been warned.


1 comment:

Mothership: Further Thoughts

In my previous post I gave a few thoughts on a rough Mothership setting. Have some more. Note: I am not a physicist so the below is probabl...

Popular Posts